Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Grail.... The Grail!

So.... I'd have to say this is one of my favorite comedies. It is so.... whimsical lol. There are so many random moments in this movie. I love the part with the black knight. He is so desperate to win, he keeps going even after all of his limbs are cut off. (Like that would ever happen!) The big and scary rabbit is pretty funny too. You got this innocent little bunny that pops out of the cave.... and then devours anything that tries to come near it.... That one makes me giggle.

I would have to say though, my favorite part hands down, would be how the soldiers traveled.... On coconut horses.... aka the soldiers themselves gallop as they walk and somebody gallops behind them clapping coconut halves together. That is the funniest element in the entire movie. I definitely would have never thought about that before.

I was very excited to see that we had to watch this movie for this class for a couple reasons. First, I knew I would have to work the night of the showing. Second, because I own the movie. Lastly, I haven't seen the movie in a few years, so it was passed due to be watched! lol

On top of comedy it does have some educational points. It is a midieval comedy, and it does follow the rules, so to speak. It is just funnier than the obviously serious movies set in this time. I like movies with happy endings, which is why I loved Gladiator until the end of the movie... Stupid ending...

Anyways, I do think it was funny that this whole movie, the main characters were on this search for this grail. Just because it was the ultimate of ultimate.

In the beginning of the play and the end, the script reader added several random things to the screen, and the narrator all stated how he was firing people for adding random things. That was pretty funny.

The reason I am jumping around, is because the movie jumps around kind of too. This movie is not meant to be serious at all, so this blog isn't meant to be serious at all (in the terms of following an order and being grammatical lol).

All in all, it is a great movie, and I love watching it. I always laugh, even if it's a stupid part, or I already saw it.

No comments:

Post a Comment