Tuesday, April 27, 2010

End of the Year

So this I'm guessing is my last entry, because it's the end of the semester, and we are not reading any more books. We are doing presentations this week, but I do not need to do the presentation, because I (being smart as I am) wrote the easy movie reviews throughout the semester, so I can use this time to study for finals and finish up the last of my homework.

I am very glad I took this class, because it had a lot of readings from books that I have heard about, and books my high school teachers talked about and used examples from, but I have never read from them personally. I really enjoyed MOST of the readings. There were a few that were better than others, and a few I wish I never read, or that I did not want to read. Clouds was my favorite book. It was so modern and comical I really enjoyed it. Dante's Inferno I wish we could have read more of for class, because it was very interesting. I liked it. My mom recorded the puppet show version on vhs, and now I can watch it and compare it to the book. I'm excited for that. It was strange at first, but I kind of like it now.

I would have to say that the Funeral Oration was one of the most difficult ones to read. It was very very confusing! Sophocles Oedipus Tyrannus was very interesting, as well as the Plato readings. The Illiad is a story I read exerpts from in high school, and I really enjoyed them, so I was glad when we started with that reading this semester. It helped to start with something that I am already familiar with!

The City of God exerpt was pretty good. I like allegorical stories. They always have such beautiful meaning. Even if the story is gruesome, the meaning is good. I really enjoyed most of the readings, and I am a little bit sad that this class is ending, because there are so many classical books I would have liked to read and discuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment